Saturday, March 22, 2014

Here We Go Again

Quotes from The Best Nest ~ April 2013- March 2014

Wisdom from Grandmama #348: QUIT FUSSING! Geometry does not affect taste!

Damon, 3 and a half, shivering: I brrr-ing!

Rita: Coffee before Cheerios. Coffee before ANYTHING!

Carrie: Five over one = five oneths.

Carrie drops a piece of Popsicle on the floor, retrieves it, eats it, and announces: No Popsicle's going to waste on MY watch... *giggles* And my watch doesn't even work!

Mama finished a cup of hot coffee 1-21-14 without reheats!

Rita: Nobody could hear me today BECAUSE MY PANTS WERE TOO LOUD!

Damon, in the backseat: Horses say "neigh", donkeys say "hee haw" (repeat endlessly)
Mama: What do mamas say?
Damon, pauses: DAMON!

Mama to Carrie, who has her hand on her own behind: What are you doing?
Carrie: I'm protectinve you from my butt.
Mama: Really?
Carrie: Yeah.
Mama: Really!?
Carrie: I mean... *dissolves into laughter*

On February first, Mama: Like Mother Nature's saying, "Welcome to March." Er. February. *sighs* I WISH I could fast forward to March...

Dada to Liam: I'm scooping your ice cream in anticipation of you actually following directions. Don't disappoint me or I'm gonna get fatter.

Carrie to Mama: I have a crick in my neck- could you bite it out? NOIDIDN'TMEANIT!!!

Damon: I hate nuts in my mouf.

Mama: Did you just say "don't touch my natural gas stink hatch"?
Dada, about Carrie: Natural gas escape hatch.
Carrie falls over, laughing: Someone get me an inhaler...

Mama describing pride, good and bad, with Carrie. Liam pipes up, "Sometimes pride is a collective noun. Like a pride of lions."

Mama: Who else is coming?
Carrie: Aunt Kelly and Uncle Belly.


Mama: Ohhh, I love this song.
John Denver: You fill up my sen-ses...
Damon, vetoing: Wanna play Angwy Biwds. *changes channel*

Liam, 7.5: "Star Wars" was actually real, because in the beginning it says, "a long, long time ago" which was probably win the 1980's... yakyakyakyak, etc...

Carrie, 10.5: I threaded water for two minutes.
Dada: That's impressive.

Mama: Carrie, you need to clean up all this stuff and NOT put in on the counter.
Carrie: I will. *Steps to counter and drops book onto it*
Mama: THAT'S ON THE COUNTER!
Carrie: You have no sense of humor.
Mama: Oh, I dunno, I smiled as I said it.

Damon: Grandmama! PAUSE! (Perhaps too many e-games)

Damon: Strawberry jelly! YAY! YAY YAY!
Mama: Strawberry jelly... and a kiss. *smooch*
Damon: No kiss.

Damon: I hunnry!........ for donuts!

Damon, 2 and 11/12ths, to a curler-clad Grandmama: I wike da mufhrooms in yo' haiw. (He meant marshmallows.)

Mama: Are you pooping?
Damon: Noooooooooo!
Mama: Are you DONE pooping?
Damon: YES!!!!

Carrie, dancing uncomfortably: I'm being WEDGIFIED!

Damon, 2 and 11/12ths: Mama, I hunnry. I hunnry all day wong. I hunnry for purdy soon.

Damon, 3: To the fingy... and 'yond!

Grandmama reading: One day, Miss Nelson had her.... out.
Liam: Toenails?
Grandmama: Um, tonsils.

Damon: Maaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaa, I need a baf.
Mama: Whyyyyyyyy?
Damon, pausing: Cuz I'm WEAWY poopy?

Damon, 3.5: Da sun is pwaying hide n seek wif da moon... and da biwdies.

Mama: If you were to pick a fictional character and there was no Gandalf, who'd you want between you and the Balrog?
Dada: VOLDEMORT!

Carrie, 10.5: I've already learned it; I'm too lazy to do it.

Damon, protesting Mama's comment: I not a silky. I a softy!

Damon, 3.5: Wee-um spwashed his baf into my eyebaws.

Talking about the December 18 episode of Grimm featuring Krampus, Dada notes: Carrie, if you're gonna be naughty, now's the time to do it.
Mama: That's not nice! Ha ha ha!

Liam: Where are we even?
Mama: Sidecut Park, sweetie.
Liam: Why are there GRAVES?
Dada: That's what happens to the kids who don't listen here.
Liam: WHAT?!
Mama cracks up for several moments.
Dada: Guess we're goin' back.

Carrie hands Dada an algebra paper. He spontaneously combusts. Carrie, cackling: Guess that means I got it wrong!

Carrie in chair with butt up in the air.
Dada: Pain rises. (Stephen King reference) Just proves she's a pain in the bum.

Liam, singing: No, nay, never... no nay never no more... will I play the wide Grover...
In unison, Mama and Carrie: ... no...

Mama devouring Damon, 3.5: Will you always be kissable?
Damon: No.
I'll be kissable TOMORROW.

Carrie, singing loudly: ya da da da da DA, yadadadadaDAdadadadadadda DA...
Mama, louder: PUT A SOCK IN IT!
Carrie yanks off sock & stuffs it in her mouth: Gwadwy!

Mama: There's good stuff in beef.
Dada: It improves your moooooooooood.

Damon, 3.5, after taking apart Liam's SmartLinks and seeing the approaching school bus: Uh oh. I'm in big twouble!

Carrie sneaks up on Mama, who grabs her and pins her arms. Carrie: Do you ever run out of tricks?
Mama snakes a hand into Carrie's armpit and tickles: nope.
Carrie falls to floor: AHHHHHHHHHH!

There are other drawings and comics that I obviously can't depict here, but those are the latest for your enjoyment. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment